September 1, 2021

 It's been a week.  A hard week. Emotions have run high in both directions. 

I had posted about Zelda, CDot and Janie on FB but had not put it in a blog form. I was asked to put it on the blog where some folks read it here, rather than on fb.  So...........with a very broken heart.......here it is again.  If you've already read this, skip down to the line below for new info on what is going on. 

I have such terribly sad news to pass on. I have lost 3 pets who have been near to my heart.
Janie has passed away after showing more signs of her heart condition progressing. She hasn't been eating too much this past week. And upon exercise, her tongue has been turning blue. We've known for some time that her heart murmur is extremely bad. Dr. Darcy told me that sometime we will just see that she has faded off in her sleep. I had her on my desk (she likes to nap here when I'm working, on Saturday). All of a sudden, she took a couple extra deep breaths and passed. Janie came to me in March 2009--she needed to be rescued and our local shelter asked if we could help her. Janie has been known far and wide as a cat-dog as she has lived in this rescue center for years. She has always been kind, sweet and loving to the cats and kitties. Her best cat friend is Camvie. We have all shared in taking care of her. Never will there be another dog like Janie. She was so so loved.
CDot ............ this one is extra hard. I took my boy home with me several days ago. He is such a needy boy and I had decided to try him at my house. He did just fine and enjoyed playing with my cats. A horrible, totally tragic accident happened. He and Bonnie were zipping around the house. CDot jumped up on a dresser, slid off and landed on his chin/face. He was instantly gone. My heart is totally crushed, as he was my special boy. I don't think there will be a cat in the world that loved me for myself like he did. I just don't know how to deal with this one.
And then my very precious Zelda. We've all known her cancer has been progressing, yet she has been eating. Dr. Darcy and I feel her primary cancer was in her intestinal tract which caused awful results for her, let alone the discomfort of her arm where her cancer has so grown. I've talked to Dr. Darcy about Zelda again this week. She reminded me it's her quality of life, not the quantity. Why oh why is it easier for me to comfort others, to help them understand the death of a pet. My desk.....again....Zelda was with me. She fell off from the desk while trying to get down. In her two places, the counter where she had her box of snackers to nap in and her drawer to lay in, we have furniture so she can easily get down. This time, she tripped on the bad leg and fell on it. This was severely painful to her. She has already been on max doses of pain meds. That was it........it was time to let my girl go, with a very broken up heart. Zelda has been mine, in heart and soul for years. I chose her and she chose me. We had a special connection that I don't think I'll ever have again.
This has been truly so very hard to write, but it's my "duty" to tell you, as these three pets were also loved by so many. It's just, all 3 so close is unbearable for me. I have been asked how I deal with deaths before. I pray alot, I spend time alone sometimes, I treasure the memories. But......this time is very hard. Forgive me if I'm not out and about for right now. If I didn't have this rescue center to keep me going and to keep my mind busy, I don't think I could bear it. Let's just all be kind to each other, extra kind, in memory of these most 3 treasured pets. These were the bestest pets in the world and I will miss them forever.
----------------------------------------------------------

The blog will simply be to get caught up on things. Because of the difficult week, I believe some of this is "new" news that I haven't mentioned even on cam.

We've had 3 more adoptions.
June Bug was adopted 8/28---he went to a dear friend and past volunteer of FFRC--Isaac. This is Isaac's first cat of his own and he will be wonderful at this cat-care thing. June Bug was pretty happy about this situation.

Fendi and Frontigny were adopted 8/28. They went together, just like how they came here to FFRC. They were the cemetery kittens--so sick and emaciated. Their hearts always had love in them. The home they went to has a family that was so happy to get these two boys. I've already heard back from the family--the boys are settled in and love their sliding glass doors, the big couch and the beds.

We also took in 2 new kittens. They came in separately but both from a vehicle situation.

Beans--black/white, male. He is 9 weeks old with a birthday of 6/25/21. He was found by his crying as he was up in a truck engine. He has a cute black dot on his nose.

Nina--calico/tiger, female. She is 8 weeks old with a birthday of 7/2/21. She was found at a car shop and had been with no food for 4 days. A real sweetie. She was thin and had fleas (gone now!) but came in purring.
These two names came from the Name a Cat list. They both arrived 8/27/21. They've been hanging out in the front Thumper's Room. Today though, the door was opened into the Welcome Room and the Main Area. We'll see what they think of all the action.

Thursday is our next Flash Sale at 3:30. Lots of items never seen before in our flash sales. Come join us. This money will again be put towards our Raise the Roof fund.

Morrigan is doing terrific, from her leg amputation. She was zipping around the next day.

Mama Veronica and her 7 babies are doing good. We went through 3 days where mama decided the softest place for her babies were in the litterboxes (all clean, of course). Finally, I believe we have her convinced that the big bed with the thick quilt is much softer. Babies have their eyes open and starting to look about. All have the FFRC bellies.

Today was spa day for the inside cats. We trimmed nails, cleaned ears, checked some teeth . Everyone looks good. We also weighed the babies of Veronica--all are of good weight. Next week will be spa day for the outside cats--Firecats, Porchies, Covies.

I'd like to say a heartfelt thanks for the compassion shown to myself and FFRC while we are dealing with the loss of our 3 pets--Zelda, CDot and Janie. It's been very difficult dealing with the loss of these beloved pets. I tend to keep extra busy and then keep even busier yet. It's been hard to deal with each of these losses but the support from you all has been uplifting and I'm forever grateful to you. I realize that these losses are felt by all of our FFRCNation. Please take care and we will eventually feel a bit better. Hugs.